Zendesk 2022 Global Impact Report highlights growth in philanthropy, workplace culture and sustainability
This year’s report corresponds with the first-ever Zendesk Global Impact Week, dedicated to volunteering and supporting communities
Published April 20, 2023
Today, we released our fourth annual Global Impact Report, which shows the decisive actions we took in 2022 to help build a more equitable, ethical and sustainable society. As a purpose-driven company, it is imperative we share the progress we have made on our environmental, social, and governance (ESG) goals.
Our ability to create meaningful change starts with our people. That is why, in addition to releasing today’s report, we are proud to announce this week is our inaugural Zendesk Global Impact Week, which gives our teams the opportunity to give back and make new connections. Throughout the week, our employees are participating in a variety of in-office, virtual and hybrid volunteer events with organizations including the Ronald McDonald House, ACLU, and the American Red Cross. Afterall, the most precious thing we have to give is our time, and we hope this inspires others to take action, make a difference and be a force for good.
Our 2022 ESG performance
From public health and climate crises, to international conflicts and growing economic concerns, the world has endured many challenges and changes in the past few years. Last year marked a pivotal time for Zendesk, and we were intentional about setting long-term goals to help shape culture and conversation with real-world impacts. Together with our people, customers and global communities, we are more committed than ever to delivering responsible business leadership now and in the future.
The report includes information on social impact and philanthropy, which highlights how we have leveraged our resources to support our nonprofit partners’ missions; our culture and values, on how we are building a diverse and inclusive workforce where everyone feels valued and supported.
Environmental impact: Our recent and ongoing initiatives to contribute to climate action.
Responsible business practices: Operating a global business thoughtfully and ethically, with governance policies and practices that reflect our values.
We made significant ESG strides in 2022 including:
- The Zendesk Foundation donated over $2.5 million to nonprofit organizations, including $800,000 in crisis response to the war in Ukraine and $500,000 to Tech for Good Impact Awards recipients.
- Over $6.1 million in Zendesk products were donated, resulting in 500,000 service tickets solved.
- The Career Pathways program granted Zendesk software licenses and certification credits to help train agents for careers in CX.
- Our legal team earned Mansfield 2.0 Certification for its commitment to diversity.
- The Mosaic Employee Community launched Peer Circles, a series of fireside chats with senior staff to discuss professional development topics.
- Ninety-eight percent of our employees now work primarily remote since we removed mandated days per week in the office.
- We continued to power Zendesk offices with 100% renewable energy, achieved carbon neutrality on employee travel and offered customers a carbon neutral product.
- We are committed to setting a Science Based Target and are investing in innovative carbon removal technologies.
Looking ahead, we will continue to bring our purpose and promise to life through our ESG efforts and goals. You can learn more on what Zendesk is doing to make our world better by downloading the full 2022 Global Impact report.