9 customer service gifs that explain a day in the life of a support agent
Customer service representatives do not get enough credit. That's it, that's the tweet.
Published September 30, 2020
Last updated October 12, 2020
Most people will interact with a customer service representative at some point in their life, and yet, we don't take the time to appreciate the patience and skills required to be a support agent.
We think these customer service gifs sum it up nicely:
1. When you sit down at your desk and realize how many tickets are in your queue
2. Putting a customer on hold for just a second...
3. When a teammate compliments your outfit
4. Troubleshooting a simple problem like:
5. When a customer hangs up on you
6. Knowing the answer to a customer’s question before they even ask it
7. When your work bestie gives you an assist
8. After you successfully upsell a customer
9. When you end the day with a solved ticket and satisfied customer
Show a customer service agent some love
Jokes aside, the reality is that support agents have a tough job. They have to balance multiple competing priorities, be the experts of their product or service, and stay in control of their emotions when customers complain. That's a lot of pressure, and agent burnout is surprisingly common.
That's why it's important we give them credit where credit is due. The next time you contact customer support, remember that there's a hardworking human on the other side.
Here are a few ways to show your appreciation:
- Say thank you
- Submit feedback on surveys
- Write a review of a product you love
- Shout out great customer service on social media